Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are known to cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was identified in 2019 in Wuhan, China. This is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
Dentistry is a high risk category profession due to COVID 19 infection transmission as dentist and dental assistant are close to the patient's mouth during the treatment.
Our patients are important and special to us. We care for them and we have equipped ourselves against COVID 19 infection transmission. We strictly follow all the protocols suggested by WHO and Indian Dental Association.
TEN STEP PROTOCOL -
1. Fixed appointment system to have a NO WAITING ZONE for the patients and no crowding in the reception.
2. Touchless sanitization facility and regular thorough sanitization of the clinic
3. Thermal scanning and oxygen saturation levels of the patient are measured. A detailed history is taken which helps us to screen the patients who may have COVID 19.
4. Patients are given a mouthwash to rinse before the doctor examines the patient. This helps to reduce the bacterial and viral content of the oral cavity and reduces the chances of disease transmission.
5. Paperless work and Digital payment systems
6. Fumigation of the whole clinic after every patient
7. Doctor and staff attend the patient well dressed in PPE kits to avoid COVID 19 transmission in the clinic.
8. Patient is given a protection kit to wear before entering the operatory which includes sterilized Mouth mask, Head cap, show covers and plastic gloves which are disposed of in Biomedical waste management bags.
9. We are equipped with latest equipments which eliminate aerosol contamination produced by dental procedures. Equipments such as Electric motor, Extra oral suction and fumigator make the dental treatment safe for the patients.
10. Our doctor and staff follow a proper method of Donning and Doffing of PPE kits and their proper disposal in Biomedical waste management.
Patient safety is our utmost priority and we update ourself daily to work against COVID 19 transmission flawlessly.